mopping robot is a series of self-controlled robotic machines that iRobot sells to act as vacuum cleaners. They originally came into use in the month of September 2002. When cleaning a floor area, it has a distinctive set of sensors that are used in navigation making cleaning easier and faster. These sensors can detect the existence of barriers, dirty spots that may be on the floor and also steep slopes which prevents it from falling downstairs. It consists of two side wheels that are self-reliant allowing it a 360 degrees rotation. Its spinner brush that is 3-pronged and rotating is able to sweep away rubbish from corners that are square.
The mopping robot cleaner has the following key components that make it ideal to be used in cleaning a hospital;
- A bar at the front that detects any barrier
- Electromagnetic sensor to pass a message to the lighthouse
- Wheel drop sensor
- A rechargeable lithium battery pack
- Wheels that are treaded for easy movement
- An electric motor to power wheels, brushes, and vacuum
- Self-reliant brush system
mopping robot Vacuum cleaner in a hospital setup
A mopping robot cleaner usually follows a set of instructions that are preprogrammed. When cleaning a hospital, it applies some inbuilt intelligence to decide what needs to be done on a particular floor and how it should be done.
mopping robot vacuum cleaners can be programmed with germ-killing mechanisms to help hospitals tackle threatening issues while at the same time performing the cleaning part. To protect hospitalized patients from germs and other harmful mechanism, hospitals use mopping robot cleaners to offer additional cleaning in the patient’s rooms. This is how the mopping robot cleaner will work;
- The mopping robot cleaner floods the room with ultraviolet radiation which kills any microscopic germs that may be contained on the surfaces.
- Cabinets and drawers in all rooms are left open while the curtains and doors are closed
- The mopping robot cleaner is operated remotely from the outside
- In a normal setting, it takes approximately 25 minutes to decontaminate the rooms. This is done by the UV radiation from the cleaner bouncing on all the surfaces.
- In rooms with infections acquired from the hospital, extreme settings are applied
- The mopping robot cleaner will automatically shut down once enough UV radiation has been detected on the room’s surfaces by its sensors.
A study has shown that germ-killing mopping robot cleaners have helped reduce common infections in hospitals by at least 30 percent.
Advantages of using mopping robot vacuum cleaners in hospitals
- It is simply easy to use
- It saves much time, energy and money
- It can clean almost every place in the hospital without much help as it is much lower and can creep even under the beds.
- It is much compact and lighter to carry around the hospital
- It can be left to clean the upper floors of a hospital without any concerns of it falling down
- It may perform partial cleaning since it can’t move furniture or any other obstacles when cleaning
- The mopping robot cleaner may be difficult to maintain as it requires its brushes and filters to be checked regularly and cleaned.
- Some mopping robot cleaners’ battery has a shorter lifespan.
The mopping robot vacuum is the ideal cleaner for hospitals and other commercial places. Most hospital rooms and hallways are not embedded with any obstacles which make the mopping robot cleaner to move around easily and freely. Hospitals also have large areas to be cleaned daily and since the mopping robot Vacuum is faster, it helps save time.